The Demopaedia team will be present at the next International Population Conference in Busan.
If you attend the conference, please, come to our oral communication which will be held on Tuesday August 27, from 15:30 to 17:00 (Bexco, room 213). The new Korean dictionary will also be presented in a side meeting organized by the Planned Population Federation of Korea (PPFK) on "Population Issues & Official development assistance" (open to all) at 19:00 (Bexco, room 110).
Suggestions for a third edition of the demographic dictionary
- Add a § on HIV/AIDS (section 4).
- Add gay marriage and civil unions to section 5.
- Add new technologies of procreation in section 6.
- Add a § on sex selection
- Add DHSs, AISs and World Fertility Surveys
- Something about IPUMS and censuses ?
- Add data repository
- Add expressions as 'refuser', 'not contacted' in the notes.
220 to 228
- Update this section, completely out of date with current computer.
- The use of the term negro (note 5) without precautions is inappropriate.
- Transform DNA as a TextTerm.