The Demopaedia team will be present at the next International Population Conference in Busan.
If you attend the conference, please, come to our oral communication which will be held on Tuesday August 27, from 15:30 to 17:00 (Bexco, room 213). The new Korean dictionary will also be presented in a side meeting organized by the Planned Population Federation of Korea (PPFK) on "Population Issues & Official development assistance" (open to all) at 19:00 (Bexco, room 110).
Create a page of the Population Open Encyclopedia during the SIS2012 conference in Rome
In order to enrich and update the Multilingual Demographic Dictionary we invite participants to the Annual Meeting of the Italian Statistical Society to add terms, concepts etc. that should be introduced in the Population Open Encyclopedia.
- Have a look at the printed index on display near the poster (or on line) and verify that your expression is not already listed. Details on how to log in are on the poster.
- Click on the edit tab and add a new line below. Enter your new term or expression within double square brackets [[my new expression]]. Add a short resume of your action in the Summary line, for example "term 'Illegal immigration' added", preview and submit.
- Then click on the red link and enter your definition in English, preview, add a resume line and submit (save). These two submissions have:
- created a new line on this main page with a link to a newly created page;
- created a page entitled according to your proposition;
- Would you prefer to develop your ideas in Italian first, please go to the Italian Population Encyclopedia and do the similar two steps above. Then you can link both pages in order to inform people that such a definition already exist in an other language, by entering the code [[it:Convergenza demografica]] on the English page and reciprocally [[en:Demographic convergence]] on the Italian page; then you will see it in the "Other languages" left pane. If you look at the end of the source code, you will remark the [[it:Pagina_principale]] code and its effect on the left pane.
- You can give your opinion on the opportunity to include the terms listed below by clicking on the Discussion tab at the top of this page. You may also use this Discussion page to propose alternate wordings of the definition as well as to ask other contributors for a translation in English of a term you have proposed in your own language.
List of the proposed new terms
- Demographic convergence (for example, look at the Italian definition)
- Illegal immigration
- International migrations
- Reproductive health
- Multiple causes of death--Aline Désesquelles 11:12, 21 June 2012 (CEST)
The software used by the Demopaedia project is similar to Wikipedia, please look at the following link(s) for help: